MAC - Machine Advisory Committee
The Machine Advisory Committee comprises internationally acknowledged experts from the particle accelerator field. The MAC has the task of advising the management of FAIR on all issues relating to the technical design and the operation of the facility. This includes, among other things, the analysis and optimization of all the relevant technical plans and designs.
The terms of reference and rules of procedure of the Machine Advisory Committee (MAC), approved by the FAIR Council on March 28, 2011, can be found here.
Information on the next MAC Meeting
|Deadline for final slides||n/a (local time)|
|MAC Session||Zoom and FAIR/GSI - Monday, December 11, 12:00 - Wednesday, December 13, 13:00 (local time)|
Information for FAIR MAC Speakers
- Please submit your final slides to Klaus Höhne (klaus.hoehne(at)fair-center.eu). Deadline: n/a (local time).
- All presentations will be electronic (PPT or PDF). Download template (PPT, 800 kb)
- We will use the PC installed in the seminar room for the MAC meeting.
- Note that the allotted times include time for questions and discussion as indicated in the program.
- As usual, we plan to put your slides on the web/EDMS and provide internet access for all the MAC members. Therefore, we need the final version of your slides in advance of the MAC meeting at the deadline given above.
- If you are using animations, movies, complex graphics, need special software, codecs etc., please let me know a few days in advance.
During the MAC Meeting
- MAC members and speakers are cordially invited for the lunch during the entire MAC meeting (in case of the meeting being held online joint lunch won`t take place).
- All speakers are cordially invited to have dinner with the MAC. Please let the Event Management Team (eventmanager(at)fair-center.eu) know as soon as possible if you can attend!
- In case of the meeting being held online, a dinner is not applicable.