Call for Applications - Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE)
The programme targets Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who wish to do a research internship at a publicly-funded German higher education institution or a research institute.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- They need to belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions (list of institutions). The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) and Institutions of Eminence status with availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Master’s degrees respectively.
- They should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences.
- They should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelor’s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- They should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship
What can be funded:
The financial support by DAAD:
- A monthly scholarship of 861 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 25 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of currently 1,050 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
Closing date for applications:
10 October 2022
Dr. Pradeep Ghosh
Tel.: +49-6159-71- 3257 / 2002